Well, we’ve come to that time again; it now seems like another good time for a questionnaire. A while back I was getting a few comments from visitors to MiContent, but recently things on that front have dried up a bit. Getting comments is one of my most enjoyable aspects of blogging, as it gives me an idea of what other people’s viewpoints are on topics of my interest. I know what I think, but we’ve got to know that others see things differently and that their opinions are just as relevant as our own. I also like the social feeling that I get when commenting back and forth with others…As I work as a Creative Writer I spend much of my time alone, so it’s always good to have human contact of any kind.
So here’s the topic. ‘How do YOU get people to come and visit YOUR blog?’ Ok, I’m going to send this around to some popular bloggers, bloggers I’ve already had some interaction with, as well as some other arbitrary blogs relating to my interests. I’ll list some questions down here, but like the first survey I did (‘So you’re a blogger, why do you do it?’) please feel free to express yourself further if this topic strikes a chord in your heart/spirit/brain. Also feel free to express your opinions on how you’ve felt when people haven’t visited or commented at your blog.
How I Get People to Come and Visit MY Blog:
By, A. Blogger
- Since you created a blog have you done anything with the direct motivation of bringing visitors there? If so, what did you do?
- Do you ask other blogs you like to partake in link-exchange so that both of your identities grow?
- When you add a blog to your blogroll do you inform the blog’s creator?
- Do your friends and family visit your blog, leaving comments?
- Do you regularly visit other people’s blogs (especially ones related to your topic), leaving comments in hope that they will visit your blog and relate back to you?
- Have you added keywords to your blog’s name so that Search Engines could find you easier?
- Has advertising on your blog had any impact on page views?
- Have you joined any social networking sites in hope that it will bring you closer to people of like mind to communicate with? If so, has it worked?
- What other tactics/means have you used to try and increase traffic to your site?
- How does it make you feel when people show a genuine interest in what you’ve got to say on your blog?
- If people don’t visit your blog much, how does it make you feel?
- Who have you gone to seek help from (if anyone) for information on how to increase traffic?
I look forward to hearing your responses and learning from your perspectives.
It sometimes feels like all of my communication is travelling out one way, with no one responding back to me. Do you have any advice on how to make stronger connections?
Jesse S. Somer loves relating to others in the Blogosphere. It gets lonely sometimes when no one comes to visit or has anything to say.